My three objectives to improve.
- For the semester I hope to put more effort in my study time. I definitely need to have better focus since this class is online. Since I have to rely on myself to learn new French skills, I want to set a goal to study at least one-two hours daily per week. I think reviewing the homework and going to the FLRC will help me accomplish this. The FLRC was a great place to take some quiet time to myself or get help from french tutors.
- Secondly, I would like to practice with my speech and have future conversations with other French students. I am still uncomfortable and very nervous when it comes to being around others and speaking out loud. I want to be able to have a casual talk with fellow French speakers and understand what they are communicating. Also, I wish my pronunciation to be clear and accurate.
- Another goal of mine is to improve my french reading skills and writing. I want to be able to understand a french article or piece of writing which incorporates the french language. I want to be able to comprehend the material, analyze it, and then focus on a self response in french writing. I think it would be interesting to learn this way and maybe gain more knowledge with french customs.
- I love writing and reading and since I’m an English major I believe this helps me to an advantage with learning French. I am able to structure material in an organized manner and retain information.
- I struggle with retaining French vocabulary and french accents. I also struggle with keeping a steady conversation without hesitation. I want to be confident in what I am saying. I know it comes with time though.
How I intend to accomplish my goals.
- To accomplish my goals I intend to focus on memorizing new vocabulary by using word reference and french apps on my phone. Also, I plan to practice using french phrases and responding to questions with simple answers in my writing. The more I know what I’m writing, the easier it is to retain information.